Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mole (19)

So, I had to visit KHCC-ER the other day… and here is the funny part honestly the flu symptoms I had where very hard to handle.

I tried my best to convenience the doctor who was handling the night shift that the headache I have is because of the flue not because of the therapy… Doctor! I listen to my body, & I know the difference radiotherapy headache never left me alone without causing me a seizure/collapse.

Yet this one is because of an infection … just please don’t inject me with 10mg of cortisone when me and my oncologist have just planned to reduce it to 8mg, and please I beg you make the mixed shot you are going to give it to me in the vein, no pills my stomach is on vacation tonight…

He followed my wish, everything in the vein… yet he injected me with the 10mg cortisone thing…GRRRRR….

While the shot was running in my body, I heard this heavy voice – it sounded someone unable to talk freely because of his stiffed tongue - who was talking about a seizure he had for an hour and caused him inability to talk as a normal person permanently. I thought he is an old man; besides we were bed neighbors I knew we both share the same pain. I wanted to help – in whatever I can do -, to boost his moral up, so I asked the doctor to give me the permission to give him a visit & talk to him, “if they wished … however no push“.

You never get bored of the quality talk – as I always say-, I found out that his brain tumor’s size is like triple mine, his moral is defiantly didn’t need any boosting Masha’ Allah… & no he wasn’t an old man… I was misled by the voice… he is in his early 40s, happily married to a very caring, responsible, respectful lady, that is hanging on beside him no matter what… (Wagfet Rajal – as I say), I call my 3 tumors “Bara3em”… He calls his “Sarsour”… LOL, before we leave he said (Mesh t7sedeni 3ala nafsyti :)!) trying to make more fun of what he is passing through..

I laughed and replied: “actually I envy you, for having such beautiful lady that is hanging on with you without complaining, & there will be a day God will test your patience in how much you are willing to pay her back, just please don’t let her down… she is here besides you.. Keep that in mind!”… They cuddled each other and smiled back to me and SHE said: “We already have been examined with another sickness and he is a big support to me”, Hamdellah Hamdellah :)…

If I want to put this commitment as an example and compare it with others, I have a few things to share as I speak to adults and mature people here:

Rule1: Having a truthful faith in god, that any human being should have “ibtelaa” in his/her life, will make your life and your partner’s easier, no one is better than the other.

Rule2: Commitment doesn’t stop on “relationships”, we are all committed to our families (parents, sibling, children, grandchildren… I even committed myself to help and to hang on besides other cancer patients whom are not even a relative, or I even met before).

Rule3: Being in a relationship with someone it is an “ethical commitment” before putting it on an official paper AKA “Daftar 3aileh”, or “3aqd Zawaj” … regardless what kind of a relationship you are in (Married, engaged, in a relationship, in love, it’s complicated or whatever it is) since you both have decided to make it happen this should be your responsibility … a responsibility of a decision made for willingness to give.

Rule4: Don’t be selfish, and say I’m not going to have cancer “If cancer it was”, or I’m not doing you good; I can’t bear your torture, or whatever it is & just run away…if so, be sure that you have just caused both of you “cancer pain” and “rejection pain”.

Rule5: Rule1 will never vanish your dreams.

Yes, I was right the headache I had is because of the flu… but if I didn’t take that much of shots I wouldn’t have stayed that long and met these lovely couple.

5 comments:

  1. well said Ola, i want to highlight on something here that the selfish one just caused himself rejection and pain in cases he needed others support besides for those who commit to a relationship based on "contracts" most of the times when they need help from their partner the first thing his partner will do is to break the contract AKA divorce !

    "treat others the way you like to be treated"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.

    chapeau bas..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya I guess ... the most spirit raising thing is to have someone stands right beside u in such bad times :)

    ela al amaam m3 al mowafagah :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all these rules... lessons learned: I'm not ready for a relation yet :P

    Lovely mole as always.. Love you :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allh yr7mk ya 3la o yg3l mthwake aljaneh ya rab

    ReplyDelete